Sunday, January 2, 2000

The Metallica "Last Caress"/"So What" Diary, Day 2

 Day 2, November 2nd


I decided to start my day with the video instead of ending it with it like I did last night. 



My thoughts while watching: 


-This video makes me smile so much.


-Look at the glee whenever James sings the most mainstream-offensive lines, especially about the schoolgirl!


-People throwing sunflowers on Kirk’s guitar during his solo is what is wrong with the world.


-Who are these people taking a casual stroll in the back during this historic moment? WHERE ARE THEY GOING THAT IS MORE IMPORTANT.


-What lovely harmony during “Last Caress.” Such a crazy song with such a pretty moment. 


-Did James think about how good his arms looked when he chose this shirt or did someone else pick it out for him?


-Lars is really going at the drums. I mean he always does, but the arm-flailing seems particularly wild that night.


-Was Jason annoyed he put all that time playing host for MTV only to have them be annoying about their segment?


-This whole video makes me feel like I can fly.



So, did watching this video affect my day? Well. Encouraged by watching people not take anyone's crap, I canceled an appointment with someone I had a bad gut feeling about instead of convincing myself nothing was up. 


I don't really know why, but I watched it again before bed. I wanted to see someone else being strong for the rest of us, even if it’s singing about infantic*de I guess. I'm mesmerized by the confidence radiating from all of them while I sit here doing the usual routine I have on non-show days, which involves tons of rumination and questioning my own life choices.