Thursday, January 6, 2000

The Metallica "Last Caress" / "So What" Diary, Final Day

Photo by Marc Riboud

 Day 7, November 7th


Much like yesterday, I want to watch the video because I’m feeling meh and need something to focus on that I enjoy to help snap me out of it. 


How crazy that I didn't even realize this event took place 26 years ago nearly to the day (November 14, 1996). 


Good lord. 26 years really zinged by. 


Thoughts: 

-I wish they showed the band up close for the opening notes so I could see their expressions


-I am glad Kirk grew his hair back out


-Noticed a sunflower I hadn’t during these other viewings. Also realized that the one thrown at Kirk seemed to have actually hit him in the nose. ENOUGH. Fine at a 60's peace protest. But not at a Metallica protest. 


-Once again, this video makes me want to watch more Metallica today. I’ve stopped feeling self conscious about this fact. Music is medicine for some of us. Doses shouldn’t be skipped. And besides, everyone has some very specific passion and guaranteed there are tons of people people who would get it and probably has it themselves. 


A shorter list today than before. Perhaps it's because this has come to an end and I'm focused on my wrap-up of this experiment. 


Did the video affect my day?

It made me wonder if I'll miss doing this. I think so.