Tuesday, January 4, 2000

The Metallica "Last Caress"/"So What" Diary, Day 5

 Day 5, November 5th


Noticing that I’ve been singing “So What” a lot out loud without thinking about it. Snow White whistles, but when I do housework, I sing obscene lyrics about schoolgirls and sheep. Have also caught myself humming the melody to “Last Caress” at the grocery store while trying to mentally process that a carton of eggs is now $5.69 for the store brand. WTF is that about. Calm down, inflation. 


I also learned that along with being banned from MTV shows for awhile, they were removed from future broadcasts of that show. But a host later said it was because they hadn't secured the rights to show those songs (since they were covers not arranged in advance), which also makes sense. 


Thoughts while watching today: 


-I had to stop before going one moment past the last syllable of Robbie’s “MeTALLicaaaaa” and try to figure out who at least one of these three guys is. The man in the center is “Julian Clary.” I have no idea who he is, but according to Wikipedia, he was a comedian who had a new show out that year where he pretended to be a judge. Currently awaiting my British friend’s input as to who the other people might be. Otherwise I may have to live in eternal darkness never knowing. I don’t have the patience to seek out the entire show just to find out. This is about me and Metallica, not every person on the EMAs that year. Maybe on certain days it’s about me and Robbie Williams, but never mind that. 


-Every time I click this video, I have to turn the volume up. It must be played loud. Then I have to turn it back down as soon as it's done, so my YouTube Makeup gurus don’t accidentally deafen me while talking about eyeshadow when I watch their videos after this one.


-Today’s noticeable joy: James’ face after “spreh-ee-yed.” Like “YEAH. I just said that on TV. HAHA!”


-I am living for this high neck t-shirt. Would I look good in that? Probably not. Would anyone else? Maybe Idris Elba. Or Jennifer Aniston. 


-Who gave these maniacs these damn sunflowers. Reminds me of the anger I feel watching Glastonbury Fest videos where people waste their time holding mile-high flags for some reason. 


-Today Kirk looks angry to me rather than nervous


-James spitting. That is all. 


-Just noticing James’ precision shave, like someone held a ruler to his face and went to town


-I am smiling while he sings the verse about the goat. I don’t know why. 


-I would like to throw the sunflower back in the person’s face one day out of nowhere when THEY’RE trying to work. I think they’re probably trying to be cute, but I’m viewing it as an act of aggression apparently. 


-I don’t know what James is saying instead of “the clap”


-Is there a Mrs. Metallica Live


-I am sad the set is over


-Is anyone even going to read my thoughts? I didn’t know I’d have this many about it. 



Did it affect my day? 

Well, after witnessing James doing pushups in the Cunning Stunts video and being subjected daily to what great shape Metallica kept/keeps themselves in at an age a lot of people go off the friggin’ rails, I’ve added some more exercise back into my day and am re-evaluating my meal choices. I also need to do a better job of tracking how many Werther’s apple caramels I’m popping between lunch and dinner. 


UPDATE:

My friend has informed me that other two gentlemen are from a group called East 17. I can move on now.