Tuesday, March 1, 2022

CONCERT REPORT: February 2022

2022 to started off with a trip to see an old favorite that remains a current favorite, Skid Row. I traveled out to a venue I've never been before, Penn’s Peak, located in Jim Thorpe, PA. The commute out and back was a little bit of a nailbiter because of snow being a threat and I was driving, well, into the Pocono mountains. But it turned out ok and I made it to and from this lodge-y venue located high atop, yes, a peak.

As most Metal fans know, Skid Row has seen a different singers over the years (at the time of this show, ZP Theart had vocal duties). While some can’t let go of the idea of Sebastian Bach singing their favorite songs, others (like me) appreciate everyone that was part of the creation and execution of such classics as "Youth Gone Wild", "I Remember You", "18 & Life", "Monkey Business" and the many other songs that came out of this band. So getting to see original members Scotti Hill and Dave “The Snake” Sabo (guitarists), as well as Rachel Bolan (bass) is still as fantastic with a different competent vocalist. Not just for nostalgic “My walls were plastered with all of their photos” reasons, but because they are all such awesome musicians. So many memorable guitar solos and bass lines made the songs so great. No one in Skid Row gets enough credit for what they contributed to Rock music. Going by how well they still sell tickets, I'm not the only one who feels this way! Plus, younger generations are coming out as well. I don't think these guys will be slowing down anytime soon! Nor should they.