Monday, May 30, 2022

CONCERT REPORT: Royal Blood

Royal Blood at the House of Blues, Boston


When I found out Royal Blood was going to tour the United States in 2022 I nearly leapt for joy. I was supposed to see them in 2020 but it was canceled of course. That had already been a 2 year wait from the last time I was able to see them play in 2018 at Brooklyn Steel. 4 years felt like forever. I think I watched all their live videos in existence during that time. So of course I was on board when they posted the announcement, and honestly, before that!

First up was Baltimore. Getting down there was traumatic. Just a word of advice: check the weather report the night before you head out on a road trip. But a massive rainstorm and tornado watch couldn’t stop me from seeing these two play a small club. It was super packed by the time I got there (thanks, weather delay), but I was lucky enough to find a spot in the back where I could see. Such a treat seeing them in a small venue like that, as the other venues I was going to were double and triple that capacity. 


Having said that, I loved seeing them on bigger stages at Terminal 5 and House of Blues. Why? Because that ups your chances of getting a spot down front of course! Which I was lucky enough to get. It goes without saying that seeing Ben and Mike right in front of me was so much more satisfying than all the YouTube binges in the world. 





Above: Royal Blood at the Baltimore Soundstage






Above: Royal Blood at Terminal 5









Above: Royal Blood at the House of Blues (Boston)